The Meal





The Meal

How wetop_logo

The Meal

effectChange is proud to be a part of The Meal where we would join hands with other international organisations to support and further encourage steps directed to Youth, Environment and Human Rights. We believe in bestowing the best financial assistance pertinent to our periphery and ability.

Founded in 1999 in Geneva, Switzerland, The Meal, as the name suggests, is a philanthropic approach to support the local farmers worldwide and also to protect the food sovereignty across the globe. It is also a social reaction to the major cause of hunger and destitution spread as a disease in most countries. The main aim of the initiative enables the natives to have an access to natural resources like soil, water, forest and seeds, and eventually sourcing The Meal.

The central idea of The Meal revolves around supporting one of the motives from Youth, Environment and Human Rights which serves the basis of fundraising as well. The dedicated organisations from across the world assemble on the same day in their own locations, contributing collectively to raise funds through a public culinary event. It establishes a common platform where both privileged and underprivileged realms of the society amalgamate in a generous accordance and with the help of potential donations support the cause.

Every local organisation that participates in The Meal votes independently for one of the motives amongst Youth, Environment and Human Rights. Whereas 20% of the funds are invested in an inter- national cause as validated by the members of the Advisory Board of the Barcelona consensus, the remaining 80% serves as a variable percentage to be devoted to all individual motives.

The Meal offers an opportunity to all the organisations worldwide to fulfil the twin objectives of serving humanity and saving food sovereignty. It further strengthens the bonds of the individual organisations spread across the globe to connect on a conjoint agenda and projecting their support towards making this world a better place to live and let live.